To my friends—thank you. Yesterday, your Facebook one-liners echoed some of my sentiments on the election and comforted me as California’s final results became clear (and, of course, the comedian just plain made me laugh out loud). I’m leaving out your names, but wanted to share some of your thoughts:
- wants to tell the country “you did good.” He wants to tell California “you need a do over.”
- is disappointed. Since when do Californians allow lawmakers to take away civil liberties.
- thinks America still has a long way to go—wtf California??
- is disappointed that prop 8 passed but is refusing to let that ruin the moment.
- is from California, where it’s not the blacks, it’s the gays.
- thinks it’s morning in America . . . where does one buy a lapel pin?
- really shouldn’t be stopping random black people to say “congratulations.”
- wonders if she can be the official blogger of the Obama Whitehouse. She imagines this would be a cabinet level post.
- 187, 184, 227, 21, 22, 209 and now 8 . . . damn Califas! Why does this state keep getting it wrong?
Mine just said “is disappointed in so many people.”
Today’s step is figuring out whether or not to cut off those who disappointed me. If they don’t respect the actual, living, breathing humans around them, do I really want them in my life?